Monday, January 3, 2011

Temple Construction

We can hardly wait for our temple to be completed. Right now the closest temple is over 3 hours away making regular attendance a little difficult. Sunday after church we drove the whopping 40 minutes to our temple site to check out the progress. It is going to be beautiful. I though the sign posted in front was even cool. You can't see the rules for the construction company well enough in the picture so here are a few:

- All contractors are required to maintain a clean site - trash and recyclables should be placed in designated receptacles.

- Profanity, unacceptable language and lewd conduct will not be tolerated.

-Tobacco use on property is prohibited.

-Golden rule policy is required when interacting with neighbors of the project site.

Not your typical construction site rules. I just think it is awesome that even at this stage of construction the temple should be respected and there is a higher standard for everyone involved. This is what it will look like when it is done.

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

That's is a BEAUTIFUL temple! I'm sure it'll be so nice when it's completed.

B said...

It looks almost identical to the Draper temple. So excited for you to have a temple a bit closer. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have some many so close.