Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kansas City Christmas

Knowing that we would be in Utah for Christmas this year we decided to have a Kansas City Christmas before we left. Spencer wrote Santa a letter explaining that we would not be home on Christmas and asked if he could come early. It worked.

The preparations for his arrival.

New P.J.'s. This is the first year I gave into getting the ones I knew they would love rather than the ones I thought were cutest. This was a big step for me.
Christmas Morning...sort of

Santa did pretty well and the boys were pleased. I am convinced that we are now enjoying the most fun years of Christmas as far as Santa is concerned. It was magical and they were so easily pleased. Santa found the tool bench at a garage sale for a steal. Then I pointed out a picture of a tool bench in a store ad and told then how cool it would be to have one. A few minutes later when I asked Spencer what he wanted to ask Santa for for Christmas he answered... "a tool bench." It was too easy. He did waiver for just a bit toward a pillow pet but settled on the tool bench. It is missing a few parts and I feel sort of bad that every time they turn it on it says, "Safety first, remember to wear you safety goggles" and there are no safety goggles. Spencer said in his prayers a few days later that he was thankful that he could ask Santa for safety goggles next Christmas. This is my point. He is so easily pleased and no big deal we will get the goggles in a year Ü (I am looking so if you know where I can find some I would appreciate the tip).


1 comment:

Aubrey said...

So much fun to celebrate Christmas twice! I remember the one year we came to Utah for Christmas and we were able to do Christmas Eve and Christmas twice. I love all the pictures of the boys. Them holding hands, gawking at the trains, posing for you in their church clothes...they are so cute and I miss you all being here. We can't wait until next time either!