Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Cache Valley Fourth

We hope you all had a great Fourth of July weekend last week. We decided that we would try experiencing a true Cache Valley 4th and we had a blast. Here's the run down:

I love how this picture makes Owen look twice as big as Spencer. Can't beat those smiles

The morning of the 4th we hit the Lewiston City parade and we loved it. The small town parade was so fun and a little different than the WJ parade I grew up loving. The floats were very simple but they made up for it with the mass amounts of candy that they pummeled the kids with. There were more beautiful horses than I have ever seen in one parade and shockingly little kids riding those huge horses.


Once Spencer figured out that these people were throwing candy he would wave at anyone. Even the democrats Ü


On Friday the 3rd we found ourselves a nice little piece of lawn south of Romney Stadium and watched the awesome fireworks show that Logan City put on. Spencer was hilarious. Before the fireworks started he was delusionally tired. Once they started he was scared and would only watch with one eye. Half way through he was yelling and clapping with excitement and by the end he was sound asleep on the blanket. Owen slept.


I love the fourth and am so grateful for the many blessing my little family gets to enjoy because of the wonderful country we live in!

5 comments:

Nichole said...

I love the pic of Spencer and Owen together! They are such sweet brothers!

RaeLynn said...

lol "even the democrats"

looked like fun!

B said...

Oh you missed one of the best parts of being up North for the 4th. Next year make sure you head up to Preston and hit their rodeo. It is fabulous! My dad is from Preston and I have a ton of family in Logan so I am well aquainted with the activities up there and they are a ton of fun. Glad you enjoyed! Your boys are adorable!

Sarah said...

I love the picture where Owen looks like the older brother. Hee-larious!

Aceneth Warner said...

It was good to see you last night. lets do a a tri together, let me know.