Thursday, April 2, 2009

Picture Update

These pictures are in no particular order but just a few of my favorites from the last few weeks. I love bath time now that his cord is finally off. Spencer loves to help and I love washing all those chubby rolls.
Spencer is such a great brother. He is so gentle with Owen and always willing to help out. Now if I could just figure out how to stop all the whining. Poor kid is going through some serious attention withdrawal.
They grow so fast and I really want to make sure I am enjoying this time with my sweet baby so no complaints here about the lost sleep, it's well worth it.


This picture needs a little explanation. This was our first outing after Owen came. We went down to my Brother-in-laws house for dinner and it was so nice to get out. I swear I packed half of Owens room to make sure we were ready for anything. What do you know but Spencer was the one who decided to have a blow out and we didn't pack extra clothes for him. Half joking I pulled out Owens extra clothes and lucky for us our little Spencer was able to wear Owens pants home. That's right he is sporting newborn size pants/shorts. Lesson learned: You can't be ready for everything so just be willing to improvise.
This is Owen and his cousin Parson. They are two weeks apart but I can't believe the difference in size. One day I am sure they will be best buds!


After almost 8 weeks I am finally starting to feel like I might be able to be a functioning person again. Yesterday I did the grocery shopping all by myself with Owen in the Snuggli and Owen in the cart it worked great. For the first time in my life I said yes when the bagger offered to help me to my car. I love Maceys! Owen sleeps from 9 pm to 3 am every night and is obviously doing great with nursing. Life is good.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute little fellas you have! Glad to hear life is slowing coming back to normal!

RaeLynn said...

I am dying over that pic of Spencer wearing OWEN'S bottoms. AWESOME. I'm so glad that things are going well (nursing,etc.) and that you can function with little sleep. I don't think I'm cut out to have more kids because I'm beastly without my sleep. heh.

Aubrey said...

Such cute boys! And I love that Spencer could fit into newborn size clothes. There is no way Malia could!

princessvelma said...

Ah- the joys of unexpected parenthood moments. May I just say you have a huge baby? But so cute. Glad to hear you worked out a good grocery shopping system. It gets easier- I promise!
Arica