Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Boy O' Boy

The waiting is over and the news is exciting. We will be adding a little boy to our family around February 9th. I couldn't be happier that Spencer will have a little brother to play with and that I get a second chance to use all those boy newborn clothes that I love so much. They say the baby looks healthy and everything is right on track. They even moved up my due date 11 days from what I was originally told. It was an exciting afternoon and the ultrasound pictures were amazing. Scott got a little embarrassed when I started talking to the baby during the ultrasound, apparently I was using my high pitched "mommy voice." Let the name game begin!

11 comments:

Amy said...

YAY! How exciting! I was just thinking about you guys and so has happy to see the update. I can't believe your due in early February. That seems so soon (well at least to me anyway :)
Congrats again!

Julie said...

CONGRATS!!! Boys are fun, aren't they? You've already used one of my favorite boy names (Spencer) so I'll try and think of some more suggestions for you. I've always loved the name Spencer and then when I found out that Jeff's middle name is Spencer, I was thrilled. But then when we had Cameron, he just wasn't a Spencer! Oh well, maybe a future child. Good luck! The name part is harder than labor!!!

Nate Judd said...

Little boys named Porter are always adorable...Spencer and Porter, I like it. Think about it and get back to me. I'm full of brillant names!

Nichole said...

YAY!! I have always said that I want my first two babies to be the same sex...Now you don't have to get a whole new wardrobe!! That is so exciting! I can't believe you are already half way there! You need to post pictures of your belly!

P.S. Just for the record...after we use Spencer as a name we are using Matthew. So if you pick Matthew just let it be known that we didn't steal it from you!

mae said...

LOL! I can just see you talking in your mommy voice...Thats funny.

I kinda of like the name River. I realize its kind of a hippie name but...Well it is what it is! Nate likes Blaed. Its gaelic. Its a little too violent for my taste but someday he won't be a cute little bundle o' joy and it would be a great name for a running back!

Erin said...

Yay for boys! I'm a little biased. :)

RaeLynn said...

I am stealing Mae's hippy name...Sorry. Dad says your naming him Allan. Is this true?

Kayleen said...

YEA! I have an easier time coming up with girl names than boy names. I'm coming up blank. But I can't wait to see what you decide on! I second the notion that you should post belly pictures. I'm living vicariously through you for now!

Melissa said...

Wow thanks for all the great name ideas. We have some ideas but haven't settled on anything yet. However I can assure you the name will not be River, although its adorable I will leave that for you Mae. It will also not be Allan. So that one is still open for you Rae. It isn't Matthew either so Nichole you are going to have to change that one after we have decided on a name. I will consider posting belly pictures when I am big enough that it's firm right now it's still just gross.

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa & Scott! I was blog stalking and found you guys! Congrats on your soon to be new addition! Boys are so much fun! I have two myself, and they're the best of friends...most of the time. I'm glad that things are going so well for you! What a handsome little man you two have!

Mandi said...

Yeah for boys, we totally love having our 2 in a row. They are best buddies, and worst enemies several times a day!!! Now they are the best big brothers to a sister. Good luck with baby names...I have no suggestions since I used my two favorites for my kids! (Austin and Logan)