Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bye Bye Binki!


Success! Some of you may recall that a few months ago we tried to separate Spencer from his binki. After a very emotional week for both baby and mom the decision was made that for the overall happiness of our family it was okay for Spencer to sleep with his binki. This time I am proud to announce that we are now a binki free home. We just cut a little slit in all his binki's gave it to him as normal. It only took a few days for him to have no interest in the binki's that didn't work right. He has been sleeping normally at night for two weeks now. Nap time has been a little harder but its nothing that we can't handle (he took a great nap today so right now I am very optimistic Ü) The next step is moving him to his big bed. All the preparations to get ready for the new baby are going well. We will find out next Tuesday if we are expecting a boy or a girl.

7 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Wow! Congratulations. That is awesome. I can't BELIEVE you are finding out on Tuesday!! Please let me be one of the first phone calls you make or you can find yourself a new best friend. (what movie?)

Amy said...

LOL so when I first read the title I thought it said "Bye Bye Bikini" wow.
Anyway, congrats about the Binki" I'm SO excited to hear if you guys are having a boy or girl. Any mother's intuition on this one?

Nate Judd said...

Do we get to guess what you're going to have? I'm thinking its going to be a girl. That's just what this world needs a little mini-Melissa running around!

Mandi said...

I love no more binki's...I sure wish that my kids took one better. I can't wait to hear what you are having!

kam said...

TOTALLY agree with Washington Cowgirl....THIS world is in DESPERATE need of a mini-Melissa ;). POST the second you find out. Ok maybe not that quick- but don't make us wait too long ok? I am so excited for you guys! oh and by the way- can I just say- GENIUS idea to get rid of the binki for good!

Norda said...

Yeah for kicking the binki! That is genius, slitting the binki, where did you think of that? I'm totally going to try that with King. Lately he's been sleeping with his toy cars...I thought maybe he'd just get used to those and not notice when we take the binki away. But I think we'll try your way first.

Have you already got the toddler bed? I've been semi looking for toddler beds for King and it dawned on me to invest in a bunk-bed since we have two boys. I figured he can just use the bottom for now, then when they get older King can go on top. Anyway, I thought I was a genius for thinking that far ahead....so I thought I'd pass it along in case you find out you are having another boy.

We miss you here at Alta Pines! I hope all is going well up there and with the pregnancy!

mae said...

Nice! Sounds like you've got it all under control!
I can't wait to hear what you are having! Yeah!