Saturday, October 16, 2010

Half Marathon Hero

Today Scott ran his first half marathon. Considering that just a few months ago he could barely run one mile the fact that he ran 13.1 miles today makes him our hero!



Nourishment...(check)


Direction (Check)


Supplies (check)



We cheered him on at mile 6. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of our first sign which said,


"OUR DADDY IS A RUNNER (even though he still says he's not)"



Just a few feet from the finish he's still is going strong.


8 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, I'm impressed. Congrats to Scott. I still struggle with the one mile.

Charlotte and Nate Braithwaite said...

Good Work Scott! I am totally jealous. That is awesome.

RaeLynn said...

I'm also at the 1 mile mark. I'm so proud!

nM said...

Come on Scott. Admit that racer number 6384 beat you in a sprint to the finish line!

I only say that because I am insanely jealous that you did this.

mel said...

Way to go Scott. You are more of a runner than I will ever be. 13.1 miles is a long way to run.

Nichole said...

That is so exciting!! I have yet to run an official half but I think it would be fun! It looks like there were ALOT of people!

Kayleen said...

WOW! I'm so impressed! Go, Scotty! I miss you guys.

Aubrey said...

Great job Scott! Your little cheerleaders are especially cute!