Sunday, August 22, 2010

Primary Prayer

Spencer was asked to give his first prayer in primary today. I talked to him about it before and asked if he would like me to help him but he was determined to do it on his own. I didn't want to force him to say certain things so I tried to talk to him about some of the things he is thankful for. Well, this is what happened. Spencer walked right up to the pulpit just as confident as can be...bows his head...folds his arms...so far so good and says,

"Heavenly Father I'm thankful for this day. I'm thankful that I get to go to preschool...and that I have preschool on Tuesday. I am glad I get to play and have fun at preschool. Amen."

I have raised a spiritual giant!

7 comments:

Haws Family said...

That is stinking AWESOME! That is the cutest thing I've heard all day. :)

Aceneth Warner said...

so, is he grateful for Preschool? is that what I heard?lol..cute!!

Sarah said...

Adorable! Kids are so funny!

mel said...

That is wonderful. He said just what you told him to! What he's thankful for!

kam said...

Adorable!! :) Your next post better be an update on how preschool went...cuz' now I'm dying to find out. :) Give him a hug from Aunt Kam.....

Nichole said...

He's so cute!! It's good you write these things down because he will love to hear these stories when he gets a little older!

Kayleen said...

That is SO cute! Kids' prayers are so real. What a good reminder for the rest of us. :)