The fight-or flight response is the biological way we respond to stress. If I hide behind a corner on my hands and knees and jump out to scare Spencer he screams like a girl every time(I'm so cruel...I get it from my Dad) and he runs away. Owen on the other hand in the exact same scenario will immediately charge toward me every time, he is fearless.
This is why I was so surprised when we took Owen swimming for the first time this summer and he was terrified. He held me tight to whole time and would start crying if I tried to move him at all. Next we tried setting up our little wading pool in the backyard. He wouldn't even go near it or even leave the patio for that matter.
Finally at the end of a very hot humid day I set up the pool for Spencer and let him play. I stepped in with Owen and slowly dipped his toes then his legs and after about 2 minutes this happened.

2 comments:
So FREAKING cute! I want to eat him up! His face is sooo animated, I love it.
Man! What an adoralbe kid. Isaac is a little fish now that he is over his fear of the pool. It's so fun to watch them when they realize how fun it can be.
Post a Comment