Time for a little run down of what's up with the Miller's.

It's hot in Kansas in July. This humidity thing is great for the skin and hair but a killer when it comes to trying to entertain 2 little boys when it's too hot to go out. So we get creative. Believe it or not this little water table (thanks Anna) with dish soap and water kept them entertained for about 2 hours.

The other day Spencer informed me that there was a bug in our house. I have become a little more accustomed to this and with little hesitation grabbed a shoe and headed towards it. Spencer immediately started bawling. I mean he was really upset and I believe these were his exact words, "Mom don't kill him...I love him. I love him and he is beautiful and Jesus made him and I love him." I guess it's good to know he is listening in Sunbeams. I put down the shoe and got the bug jar and that is when Eli Miller joined our family. If you look closely you can see the cricket that stayed on our book shelf for a couple days until one night just after bed time when he left to go be with his friends in the backyard.

We were inspired by some friends to start a little diet and
exercise plan. It really has been great for both of us and I am especially proud of how hard Scott is working at it. He was invited to go running with some guys in our ward and apparently this is what happens if he runs over 5 miles...
ouchie
We love the YMCA. That is where both Scott and I workout and they have awesome child care for the boys.
Some days the only reason I stay motivated to go workout is because Spencer loves to play with the kids there and I love the alone time. Owen really likes it too and has one of the teachers wrapped around his
little finger.
On
Saturday they had a block party and fun was had by all.

He was trying to hard to hold still and not smile.
I thought that the hot dog might be too hard for my little baby to eat. Who am I kidding.

We are all doing great.
Owen makes me laugh everyday. We just transitioned from 2 naps a day to 1 and I am enjoying the freedom. We have made it. Only one more week until Owen goes into nursery, not that I have been counting down or anything, but we will both be much happier on Sundays when we have officially hit the 18 month mark.
Spencer will start preschool this fall and can't wait. He has finally stopped asking me everyday if it is fall yet, but still proudly announces to everyone everywhere we go that he is 4 and will be going to preschool.
Scott is a running fool and I do my best to keep up.
Somehow this post ended up sounding like a Christmas letter therefore it must be stopped.
9 comments:
Our other friend named Scott gets bloody nipples from running. It must be the name ;) Your boys are growing up and it sounds like they are loving Kansas life! As for one nap...I can't wait! This two naps a day thing is tough!
I LOVE the updates! Keep the "Christmas letters" coming. Still laughing at the picture of Owen focused on getting his mouth around that hotdog. I'm hurting for Scott, but wish I could run 5 miles. You guys are awesome for working out. You're my motivation for the day.
LOVE the post. :)
So glad you are having a great summer. Miss you guys.
Okay, I just have to tell you that you HAVE to watch The Office episode where they do a 5K fun run to raise awarness for rabies. Andy talks about the nipple sensitivity and then he lubs up, puts cotton balls over his nipples and tapes the cotton ball over his nipples. It is stinking funny! You have to see it!
Tell Scott it's time for some pasties! :)
I love these pictures. I miss our play groups. I can't believe everyone has moved away. I have a feeling it's going to be a long hard winter.
Poor Scooter and his nipple chaffing. Boys have it so hard don't they? Where's that bro when you need it? these pictures are so cute. Spencer's attachment to the bug made me laugh out loud. Looks like things are coming together for you guys! If I could quit freakin' getting sick I'd start working out harder too!
Oh Melissa, how I love thee, and the end of this post. Updates are always awesome. Your boys are so funny! I need to be as motivated as you to work out. Good job. Also, I thought nipple chaffing was something that was made up. Who knew it was real? Poor Scott.
I love your posts. They always make me laugh right out loud. I am glad to hear that you saved the cricket. You can't be that cruel, just be glad it wasnt a spider. Sick. I am also glad to hear you guys are doing good. We miss you all here in Logan!
LOL, nothing wrong with Christmas letters! haha! Love the pictures! So glad you are doing good down there! Good times and don't kid yourself, Melissa, you are working out too and you look FABULOUS!!!
Post a Comment