Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lots of Fun and Lots of Change

On Saturday we drove away from the place we have called home for our entire married life. I am really excited about the opportunities that lie ahead but I am also a little sentimental. I will really miss being so close to friends and family. We will miss our 5:00 rendezvous out on the grass with all our friends at A.P. Spencer will miss being so close to his friends and I will miss their parents. However, I have no doubt that moving to Logan was the right choice. Here is an update of how we spent our Summer making the most of our time with friends and family.

Spencer and Cole played so well together up at Mirror Lake. Nothing like a lot of dirt, rocks and mud to keep two little boys happy.
Every year we go up to Mirror Lake with Scott's Family and camp, fish and play games. Every year we talk about how we should hike Bald Mountain and then never actually do it. Well this year we did. Me being 3 months pregnant and Scott carrying Spencer on his back we made it to the top and it was worth the work. It was absolutely beautiful . I love this family picture but it still doesn't do the view justice.
It's the Fam. Out on the lake, with the wind and the wind and the sky and everything, Ahoy. (If you know me at all you should know what that quote is from)
Much improved from the weeping of last year when we put this life jacket on him.
We spent an awesome weekend with our friends Kayleen and Jesse up at their cabin. We mostly just hung out eating and playing games but here is a picture of Scott and Spencer while we are out geocaching. Thanks Oldhams for inviting us on the the cabin getaway. I am so glad we got to spend some time with you before our move.

Many fun afternoons have been spent out at Grandma and Grandpa's swimming. Spencer was a little timid at first but after we put on his muscle suit he turned into a little dare devil.






4 comments:

*Aliese* said...

How fun! I do enjoy Mirror Lake, Bald Mountain, and the like. My family's cabin is up there in Christmas Meadows and I absolutely LOVE it. Oh, and I pretty much enjoy the What About Bob? reference too.

RaeLynn said...

I officially stole that pic of spencer and cole...that one is a framer.

Kayleen said...

You are officially gone. Not that I see you much anyway, but it makes me miss you! I'm so excited for all your new adventures, and hope you'll pick up on the blogging a bit so we can at least see what's going on! Hopefully we'll still get to hang a few times before we take off to Denver. And the offer still stands for you guys to come and visit!
I hope your new ward and neighborhood is awesome!

Norda said...

We are missing you guys!! I'm glad you are excited about your move, but I am also sad your gone. King pointed over to your house (well the Manager door) and I explained to him that "Spencer moved". He just sat there with kind of a confused/thinking about it look. I hope all is well! How are you feeling? And hi, three months pregnant and you hike a mountain?? Crazy!!