
Today I had the type of day I think every mother needs every now and then. At the gym the other day I saw a few minutes of the movie "27 Dresses" I thought it looked pretty good and decided it was worth seeing the whole thing. Spencer had a really bad night last night and I didn't get a lot of sleep and I was just dragging all morning. So this afternoon I went to Red Box and got the movie and then came home and put Spencer down for his nap. For the next 107 minutes it was just Me, the chick flick and a bag of cinnamon bears. I closed the office turned off the door bell and the phones and had some me time. I feel so refreshed! I am however fighting a small feeling of guilt knowing that Scott has been out all day working hard, and that I ate a half a bag of cinnamon bears.

5 comments:
Glad you took 107 minutes for yourself- you work hard and you deserve it!!!!
Don't sell yourself short! It takes A LOT of chewing to eat half a bag of cinnamon bears :)
I love that movie....I went on a date to it with a bunch of my girlfriends...I think I ate too much candy and popcorn that night. I felt like a new woman when I got home. Sometimes a nice little break from the kids makes us better moms in the long run.
Hey I am going to be in Utah for 2 weeks in Aug. Lets get together. It would be fun to see you. Bring some cinnamon bears!!!!
Every once in a while you need a little me time, even if it's not mothers day!
Please, I do stuff like this more than I like to admit. I feel guilty sometimes soaking up the "me" time when I know Kendall doesn't get nearly as much time to himself. And cinnamon bears are probably better than a bag of Oreos (true story)!
That's one movie I've been wanting to see, I'll have to check it out soon!
Post a Comment