Scott spent many hours researching different degrees he might be interested in and then one Sunday we met a new couple that had just moved into our neighborhood and in talking to them learned about GIS. We knew right away that it was right. I was scared. Scott was sure. So, in the following weeks Scott applied and was accepted to Utah State. Started some summer classes at SLCC. We found out I was pregnant with #2. We informed the owners of the apartments we were managing that we would be leaving at the end of the summer and Scott started working out a transfer with UPS up to Logan. There happened to be one opening and Scott got it and in the year and a half since then there have not been any more openings in Logan. Luck? I don't think so. There is no way I could recap this time in our life without acknowleging how blessed we have been. I am so proud of my amazing husband. Working to support our family and going to school more than full time hours he was able to graduate Magna Cum Laude in under two years. I am so grateful for how hard he has worked and how much faith he had to go for it. This is our proud moment
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Our Proud Moment
Scott spent many hours researching different degrees he might be interested in and then one Sunday we met a new couple that had just moved into our neighborhood and in talking to them learned about GIS. We knew right away that it was right. I was scared. Scott was sure. So, in the following weeks Scott applied and was accepted to Utah State. Started some summer classes at SLCC. We found out I was pregnant with #2. We informed the owners of the apartments we were managing that we would be leaving at the end of the summer and Scott started working out a transfer with UPS up to Logan. There happened to be one opening and Scott got it and in the year and a half since then there have not been any more openings in Logan. Luck? I don't think so. There is no way I could recap this time in our life without acknowleging how blessed we have been. I am so proud of my amazing husband. Working to support our family and going to school more than full time hours he was able to graduate Magna Cum Laude in under two years. I am so grateful for how hard he has worked and how much faith he had to go for it. This is our proud moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Way to go Scott! And a comment left for you Melissa.
Congrats to you and him!!!I know the sacrifice it takes to have your husband gone to work, school, and then study on to of it. He would not have been able to do it with out you. You both are very blessed.
Isn't amazing how there are no coincidences? I'm proud of you guys too- way to go Scott! Now it's time to find a job close to home so we can play!
Ok, that post made me teary eyed. I think it's because I've seen it happen first hand and it really has been one of those "meant to be" type things. That video of Spencer is priceless.
Congrats to the WHOLE family!! That is so great that he was able to finish so quickly! I've got my fingers crossed that you can move closer to the valley REALLY soon!!
Very cool! Congrats you guys!
Congratulations!
Congratulations, and talk about a leap of faith! Totally worth taking that leap....hope you guys can stay local!!
Yeah! That is awesome. Congrats to Scott, what an accomplishment cum lade, or however you spell that. Way to go! So, where next?
We are so proud of Scott, and of the sacrifices your whole family has made. We love you guys, and are praying for you.
You rock, Scott! But he couldn't have done it without you too, Melissa! You guys deserve it!
Post a Comment